Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ancestry.com


For the past few years, I've been researching my family history. Last December I purchased the Family Tree Maker 2008 and I was able to log 276 people, 81 surnames, 86 marriages and over 7 generations. With all this extra time on my hands, I've recently decided to start digging deeper.


Ancestry.com has over 7 million names added to family trees and over 150,000 photos uploaded. I've been able to find my great grandfathers World War I Draft Registration Card as well as the New York Passenger Lists from when he came over from Italy. If you plan on doing any research at all on your family, I urge you to check out Ancestry.com. Currently they are offering a two week free trial. They offer annual memberships: World Deluxe for $299.40 or US Deluxe for $155.40. They also have monthly subscriptions that start at $19.95.


No comments: